740 volvo seat warmers

i have a 1990 volvo 740 gl with 220k i have had this car for two years and it never crossed my mind about the seat warmers untill my friend who had a volvo 240 got a 91 740 and was braging about his seat warmers i was just woundering if it would be eazy for me to fix the seat wormers if it was a broken fuse i just dont know what fuze its on. any help would be great Mr.Collins(snilloC)

Reply to
snilloc

As a person that deals with fuses blowing because of heaters (never have had the "pleasure" - more like torture i'd bet, or working on automobile seat heater systems) quite often... it's almost never the fuses fault it blew... TRY changing the fuses if they are bad, but they will more then likely blow again, and do not install a higher rated fuse (or try the old penny/paperclip trick... all this does is cause your wiring to turn into a little seat heater of its own).

Heaters eventually burn out, but it's usually the control circuit, especially when full current is flowing thru it... Don't know how Volvo did the control system, as there is a temperature sensor which causes power to be reduced after a while to provide comfortable heat, not so you burn your bottom. Could be the switches for it too... that would be simple enough. Could be a bad wiring harness.

I'll put it to you this way... If the seat heater break on my car - despite my electrical knowledge I think I might *might* live without them... I hate it when anything doesn't work, but it might just be too much time/effort/money to be worth while... especially on an older car (like our

Reply to
Rob Guenther