760 intermittent wont start just cranks

Does anyone have a solution or experience of this problem?

Reply to
Moin

Two thoughts:

1) If the engine warning lights don't come on, bad ignition switch.

2) Bad fuel pump relay. The solder connections break on the pc board inside and the module becomes intermittent. It can be resoldered or replaced. The relay is located in the center console, behind the fuses under the ashtray. It is the second row of relays back, at the left end.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

This is an english car in germany. When I was ther 7 weeks ago it was playing up, when it started 1st time it was ok but at random hot or cold it wouldn't. Plenty sparks and smell of petrol and dry plugs but no go. Leave it 15 mins or 12 hours then no probs. Last time it happened was was at a petrol station when it wouldn't go after a fill up.Itwas left ther to be fixed by the man who ran the garage an Austrian ( German wihout brains ) after 400 euros and no fix it spent a month with a Volvo dealer who discovered that if you ground the furl pump it started. They've replaced the fuel pump. The compter has been changed and flywheel sensor etc. but no mention of the fuel pump relay. Are they all thick in Germany. They can't replace starter motor brushes so you have to have a new one. What happens when you need new spark plugs....a new car? When I was there last year they wouldn't fix my Honda because I didn't have my ownership documents with me to prove it was my car (I got it done in the end but missed the ferry and lost my job ) Women are vey nice and vey friendly and love engsh guys because it's northtern Germany they are Brits that are german Link:

Moin