760 Stalling

Hi, my '89 760GLE has developed a stalling problem its a super-pain, whenever the revs get too low (when I quickly take my foot off the accelerator pedal, slam the barke, drive slow up hill, sit idle in traffic for ages, etc...) instead of keeping the revs high enough to keep the car running, the car will just stop. what could be the most common cause of something like this?

Your replies greatly appreciated. Shane.

-- Remove NOSPAM from the end of my email address to email me directly.

Reply to
Shane

Shane,

I think there is something wrong with your fuel-filter. I think it is clogged. Have your car inspected. How long is this ago? My Volvo 760, 1990, was inspected by a Volvo garage and everything is much better now, the car is just like new. It is driving much and much better. Although there are some little things which are difficult/expensive to repair. Yours sincerely,

Gijs van Herpen

"Shane" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@drone5.qsi.net.nz...

Reply to
Gijs van Herpen

The throttle body gets gummed up, so enough air doesn't bypass the throttle plate at idle and the car stalls. Try removing and cleaning the throttle body. While you're doing that, clean out the air passage in the idle speed motor. There are good instructions at:

Mike F