760 turbo oil smoke

I have smoke coming from the back of car when slowing down or after going down a hill when its holding itself back on the engine. I thought it was the engine but several people think its the turbo. If so which part of the turbo would need replacing.as Ive had lots of different answers. Or would I just need a turbo servicng kit.

Reply to
tigger

You'd have to replace the whole center cartridge or the whole turbo if that turns out to be the problem, or you could take the turbo somewhere for an overhaul. There's lots of things that can cause the symptoms though, could be as simple as a clogged crankcase vent.

Reply to
James Sweet

This is a classic case of oil being sucked down the intake valve guides when the vacuum is high. The guide seals will be old and hard, and the guides themselves will be so worn that new seals may not fix the problem.

Reply to
Mike F