850 door check

About a year ago I had to have a new door check installed in the driver's door of my '97 850. Recently it began popping and I took it to the dealer. Seems they had to pull the door and weld things which did fix the problem.

As I intend to keep this car for the foreseeable future, I'm concerned that this fairly pricey fix will have to be redone again in the future.

Anybody have any definitive experience in this area?

TIA.

Chuck Fiedler Nothing but Volvo since 1974

Reply to
c.fiedler

skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Rather common problem on 850-70 series yes. Same side usually does not break again after fix.

XR(V) Sweden

Reply to
XR(V)

It all depends on the welder - if the job is done correctly, there should be no repeat. However, the door stops is a bit of a weak point on the body, so try not to open the door and slam it up against the stop.

Reply to
Mike F