850 Sedan 1996, ABS Sensor, Iginition or Both

1996 850 Sedan.

My ABS light has come on. It initially was not an issue with me. I park my vehicle in the HEAT, start my vehicle in the heat, Indicators and Speedomoter do not work. I will drive the car for some time and all will work again after re-start. I was told that it is linked to the ABS snesor and that latter needs to be replaced even jeopardizing a short in and ultimate destruction of the wirng-harnass.

A few days ago I start the 850 sedan and NO LIGHTS. Vehicle was parked in low 90 degree weather I brake and the the warning lights to my seatbelt warning indicators flash. I was told it is my ignition and that makes sense as in recent months I continually had to use that button in order to palce my vehicle in drive.

Do I have 1 problem and only need to change the IGNITION or do I have

2 Problems and also have the ABS unit changed and replaced. They scared me when they said that the potential of damage to the wiring harnass is an outcome.

I am open to your opnions.

Jack van Dijk Missouri, USA

Reply to
J. v. Dijk

Steve

All of the problems except the ABS light are problem the ignition switch, which is an easy 15 minute fix:

-----

Reply to
Robert Lutwak

Actually, the ABS system is on the same circuit, so a new ignition switch may fix that problem as well. There is obviously a problem with the ignition switch, so I'd fix that first, then see if the ABS light is still on.

Mike F