89 240 Brake Lights

Day after tomorrow I have to get into why my 89 240 doesn't have brake lights. Is there a source relay like the headlights have (the one behind the brake pedal)? Or is this likely a fuse or the switch itself? Thanks for the help ahead of time.

Reply to
shakeybike

"shakeybike" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Check the fuse and the switch, the most common problems.

/Erik

Reply to
Erik Lidén

The power to the brake lights goes through the fuse, brake light switch on the pedal, then the cylindrical bulb failure relay. The bulb failure relay is clipped under the dash near the igntion switch. Look for the wires going to terminals 54 or 54S (in), 54L, 54R, and S (left,right and center out).

Reply to
Mike F