89 Camry No Brake Lights

The orange "lights" warning light on the dash came on and all of my brake lights even the 3rd brake light in the window suddenly stopped
working. Tail lights and all others work. What would be the likely cause of this? Brake pedal switch gone bad? How can I test it? I don't see a brake lights fuse under the hood... is it under the dash?
check wiring that flexes at the trunk hinge for breakage