90 740 Cruise Control problem

I have a 1990 740 GL wagon. It now has 320,000 miles and runs great. However, the cruise control doesn't work. Could it be the switch, how do I check this, I'd like to fix the problem.

Ed

Reply to
ed moses

MaryAnne Olsen

Hi!

I had a similar problem on my '89 740. Cruise would work if I held in the speed set button. On the brake pedal there is a vacuum release valve of some description, it was leaking and causing the cruise to reset as soon as you let go of the button. I think I rotated the valve/switch a couple of times and its sealing again.

Hope it helps.

Reply to
Damian Parker