'95 850: Fixed the AT and broke the cruise control

I have been posting about how my AT would generate an error when I shifted down into "3" while descending a hill and it would cause the dreaded flashing yellow arrow and the check engine light. On the eighth trip to the shop, with the sleuth of Mike, they replaced the pnp switch on the AT and now that problem is fixed.

However, now the cruise control doesn't work. I checked the cruise control fuse and it is OK. Is there some obvious relation between the AT and the cruise control or a reason why working on the AT could kill the cruise control?

I told the dealer about it, but haven't scheduled to take it in yet.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

Look under the battery there is a vacuum pump check to see if any vacuum lines are off

Reply to
Glenn Klein

"Stephen Henning" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@news.isp.giganews.com...

While the PNP switch allows the starter to engage when the the switch is closed, it will at the same time turn off the cruise control module. The cruise control will turn on again when the PNP switch is opened. So - yes there is some obvious relation to the work done. Maybe the PNP is permanently closed, even letting you start while in Drive position.

Regards

Per hauge

Reply to
Per Hauge

I checked the starting while in drive and that doesn't work so I can't verify this problem. I will be scheduling to take it in this week.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

Glenn Kle> Look under the battery there is a vacuum pump check to see if any vacuum

I looked around the battery but couldn't see much so I can't verify this problem. I will be scheduling to take it in this week.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

When I called the dealer to make an appointment to bring it in and suggested that they may have forgotten to connect a hose or wire, they told the mechanic and he said "oops, I forgot to reconnect a hose. Bring it in and it will only take a couple minutes to fix it."

Thanks much.

Reply to
Stephen Henning