90 B230F rocker/valve cover paint

Refinishing my Rocker cover. What kind of paint was used? I am aiming for the same sort of finish and was hoping to be able to rub back then refinish and not have to do a full strip. Whatever they used is really good stuff. Tried several types of paint stripper and even carby cleaner with no luck.

AJS

Reply to
AJS

It's powder coated from the factory, not painted. Powder coating uses electrostatic charge to hold a fine powder similar to copier toner to the surface, it's then baked in an oven to fuse the tiny particles together into a solid and very durable coating. It lacks the microscopic bubbles caused by solvent evaporating from drying paint so chemicals don't penetrate it well.

Reply to
James Sweet