95 850 turbo smoker

I cleaned all the crankcase ventilation(oil seperator, hoses and etc.) but when coming off highway driving and setting at a light for a couple minutes I get a whispy white smoke from the exhaust. I know that the turbo does not have a flame trap, it seems that at high manifold vaccum, its lifting oil from some where?

Any suggestions

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn T. Smith

White smoke = water, blue smoke = oil. Of course some water is present in the exhaust (by-product of combustion), which is more noticeable on cold days or with the cooler exhaust that is present at idle. If the white smoke is excessive, then you need to look for a head gasket type problem.

Reply to
Mike F

It could be the valve seals but when I hear turbo I also think turbo bearing. If it's water you should be able to smell anti-freeze at the tail pipe. A garage can put an exhaust gas analyzer in the coolant expansion tank to see if exhaust gases are getting into the coolant, i.e., coolant getting into the combustion chamber/exhaust. That would indicate a cracked head or blown head gasket.

Look inside your turbo/intercooler tubing that comes out of the turbo. If it's got more than a light film of oil inside, I would say the turbo needs to be replaced/repaired.

Do you change the oil/filter regularly? How many miles on the engine?

Brick_0

Reply to
Brick_0

In article , snipped-for-privacy@zero.gh by Brick_0 dropped his wrench, scratched his head and mumbled,