Crank case pressures 850?

Thanks for all you suggestions about that oil weight and type to use for the next lub. My 1995 non-turbo 850 may also

need everything serviced or replaced that could contribute to any pressure build up in the crankcase. I know about the EGR

valve (service or replace?) and the flame trap (service or remove?). What other items should be considered at the same time? Brad

Reply to
Mystical

Frequently, crankcase pressure problems are caused by the oil trap being plugged. This is a plastic box located under the intake manifold, toward the front (belt end) of the engine. Because of it's design, it's impossible to clean, so a new one is the only cure. It's an involved but not difficult job, the intake manifold has to be removed, I'd also replace associated hoses, and make sure you have some hose clamps handy, the originals are those annoying single use ones. Also have the oring handy for the lower end of the dipstick tube, it's bolted to the underside of the intake manifold.

P.S. Your EGR will not contribute in any way to crankcase pressure.

Reply to
Mike F