960 heater vent selction

Hi, Apologies if this has been posted before, I looked, but couldn't find!

My 960 will not select the blower vent position, it's stuck blowing in the footwell, and won't change when the selector knob is turned.

I understand this is a vacum controlled system, everything looks fine blower operates etc. Are there any specific places/things I should check ?(all fuses etc. are also OK) Does anyone know of a good source of info / service manual etc. for the

960 3.0l ? (UK version if pos.)

Thanks all!

Reply to
volvo

Chilton manual number 72302 is only help for 960 available in UK apart from Volvo Green Books (very expensive for a set). A lot of help can be gained from the FAQs on both Brickboard and VOC sites (co-run). Check for leaks to and from Vacuum relay inside a/c housing below dash.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

Thanks for this Peter, I ordered a copy yesterday, streight after I read your post. I stripped out the under dash area, and traced the hoses, back via the vacuum control 'box' and eventually found a solenoid on the left strut housing that appeared to be dead. When I bypassed this, everything worked great! Trouble is, I took the faulty part to the dealer, who couln't find it on the computer, a half hour searching by the entire parts staff turned up a negative! - I know it's a standard fit part, as the mounting and fitting is 100% Volvo. Hopefully the Chilton manual will give it a name.

As I said, everything works fine, without it, though I think the solenoid acts as a cut off when the ignition is powered off, keeping any 'stored' vacuum in place.

All the best -andy

Peter K L Milnes wrote:

Reply to
uk960

Thanks for this Peter, I ordered a copy yesterday, streight after I read your post. I stripped out the under dash area, and traced the hoses, back via the vacuum control 'box' and eventually found a solenoid on the left strut housing that appeared to be dead. When I bypassed this, everything worked great! Trouble is, I took the faulty part to the dealer, who couln't find it on the computer, a half hour searching by the entire parts staff turned up a negative! - I know it's a standard fit part, as the mounting and fitting is 100% Volvo. Hopefully the Chilton manual will give it a name.

As I said, everything works fine, without it, though I think the solenoid acts as a cut off when the ignition is powered off, keeping any 'stored' vacuum in place.

All the best -andy

Peter K L Milnes wrote:

Reply to
uk960