98 S70 Rear Speaker Removal Update

Using the expert advice given in this NG I was able this past weekend to remove the right rear speaker out of the rear deck(or hat deck) of my S70 equipped with the SC-816 sound system.

Upon inspection of the speaker I could find no _visible_ maladies, but, could hear a distinct "click" when I gently pushed the woofer down with my fingers. Something the left speaker did not have. The problem, it appears, seems to be in the multiple circle(my best description) area beneath the driver.

Curious, I did a Google search on S70 Speaker and found more than I thought I would from others posting to this NG over the years questions regarding a "blown" speaker or other words describing the same problem I have.

Now, to tap the wealth of knowledge in this NG, what would be the best solution here? Replace it with a new OEM from Volvo, running the risk of a repeat with the left speaker? Or, go "aftermarket"? Anyone aware of the price from Volvo for the rear speaker(s)?

TIA for any advice.

Eric

Reply to
YmrTmuckleG

Surely you just change the two rear speakers over. If the problem then notates to the other side its the speaker if not its something in the door.

Reply to
les.watson