A strange thing

Having tried, without much success, to discover the reason behind my 740's faulty fuel gauge, I noticed today that when I put the car into park from drive the gauge flicked downwards from almost full then back up to almost full. I put it into reverse and there was another little kick down and up and then every time I went from drive or reverse into neutral or park there was the same little kick downwards then up again.

How can this be? Obviously it's electrical but where and what?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot