ABS Module Repair

Has anyone had any experience having the ABS Module repair (where you remove the module, send it out, and they repair with the "lifetime" guarantee)? I've seen several posts on here about it, but haven't seen any feedback from someone who actually sent theirs out.

I have various warning lights coming on all the time, including the emissions control (which is a pain because I couldn't get my car tagged in Metro Nashville because it wouldn't pass the OBD emissions test, even though the car wasn't producing emissions).

I'd like to send the thing out and get it fixed, but don't want to spend dollars trying to save dimes.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Reply to
ontheopenroad

I haven't read anything negative about the ABS repair from people who have tried it on the BrickBoard. As far as your car not passing the OBD2 stuff, have you done the appropriate drive cycle (twice even) before taking the car in for a smog check?

Reply to
Alex

Reply to
ontheopenroad

Had mine done about 6 months ago. Works like a charm. (1998 S70 T5 SE)

Reply to
Peete

Do a search on "victor rocha abs", and you'll find a lot of positive things for this guy. You take out your ABS module, ship it to him, and he ships it back fixed. Fixing includes beefier components too. I don't know the web site offhand, but it shouldn't be hard to find.

I, myself, will end up sending my ABS module in the near future.

Mike

I'd be curious to know what actually fails in them. I repair a lot of electronics but I've never had an ABS module come to me.

Reply to
James Sweet

I appreciate the responses. Unfortunately, I ordered an E5 socket online before I realized that he sells them himself (cheaper than mytoolbox.com, by the way).

Once I get the socket, it's off to Mr. Rocha. I'll let you know how it turns out--I'm no shade tree mechanic!

M wrote:

Reply to
ontheopenroad