ABS Module

I have a '99 Passat 1.8T w/ 130k mile. Runs like a champ, but a few weeks ago ABS warning light started coming on with brake warning light flashing. Wasn't too bad in the beginning, but now about 50% of the time, so brought to the dealer. They found the ABS module faulty (as expected), parts $652, labor $315. Not bad for a dealer! A rebuild is about $200-$250, they make it seem it's about an hour to get the ABS unit out. Have 2 Passats and am very happy with the dealer, they seem to have very reasonable rates. So, what am I missing? Does anyone have experience with these rebuilds? On E-bay responses are pretty good, but what about 2/3 years from now?

Any advice?? Thanks is advance! Simon

Fault code:

01203 131 ABS/Dash panel instruments Electrical Connection: No signal [sporadic]
Reply to
Baudolino