AC unit behind dash -- repair or replace for 95 850

I've got a hole somewhere in the AC system, and the local garage says that I have to replace the unit (heat exchange) that's behind the dash.

Is the unit repairable?

Are used unit available and what sort of issues would there be with them?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Byrocat

Most of the cost is the labor, you're really best off to replace it with a new one.

Reply to
James Sweet

Because this is a common problem, and not just with 850s.

Reply to
Mike F

hi i had same problem in the uk, small leak took about a week to go down, had it done localy new heat exchanger, £500.00 and took about 6 hours to do, btw NOT done at a volvo garage, they wanted £1600.00 !

worth having done, even if it is not very hot in the uk! ps: not worth repairing old unit. simmo

Reply to
simmo