No Heater or AC

Hi i have a 92 Acclaim with 2.5 engine and recently the Heater/Ac blower has stopped working. The crazy thing is though if I use my remote starter to start the car The heater/Ac works! I put the key in the ignition and once I hit the brake pedal the heat/Ac stops. I thought it was a problem with the remote starter but the technicion who installed it says it is a problem with the ignition. He says the contacts are worn. That is why the heat/AC works when the remote starter is used because it bypasses the ignition.

Is he correct in his diagnosis and what do I need to do to correct this? What do I need to replace in the ignition to rectify this?

Thanks so much

Herb

Reply to
herbkruiz