Adjusting headlight beam (angle, etc...)

Well, my Chilton book hasn't yet arrived ... and I'm just about to search the Internet for the answer to this as well, but I thought I'd also pose the question in here (maybe others would benefit from this question/answer):

- How do you adjust the headlight beam/angle in a '98 V70?

I have taken a look and saw what appear to be a plastic gear mechanism ... looks like you use an large Alan key or Phillips screwdriver to turn the adjustment knobby-thingy (which then rotates the gears) ... but, is this the right one?? These's a second, smaller such adjuster lower-down. It SEEMS to be for the high-beam. But then I thought, maybe one is for Up/Down .. and the other for 'Left/Right'. (pitch and yaw?)

As it stands ... I'm blinding folks driving towards me with my driver-side light - as it's shooting up quite high!

Why don't I just go to the garage and get it fixed? I would, really I would ... but my mind will soon forget this whole question in about an hour - only to be reminded tonight when I'm driving in the dark, blinding on-comers, and slapping-head saying, "DOH! I forgot again! And now all the garages are closed for the day!"

And now, I'm off to do a search on the net to see if someone has this documented anywhere. If I find such a website, I'll reply with the link.

Thanks all,

Allan

Reply to
Allan Shearer

"Allan Shearer" skrev i meddelandet news:0OX0e.10262$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com...

The black one at the top of the light is side adjustment. The white one lower down behind the light is adjustment up/down. The high and low beams can't de adjusted individually. Good Luck!

/Erik Lidén

Reply to
Erik Lidén

Thanks Erik

That helps! :)

FYI, I couldn't find anything on the net about this - so you've definitely helped me here.

Cheers,

Allan

... and Erik Lidén spake, saying: > The black one at the top of the light is side adjustment.

Reply to
Allan Shearer