Alarm problems with Volvo 940 Classic LPT 2.3l

Hi - I have a 1996 Volvo 940 Classic LPT. The factory fitted alarm goes off at random times. I've searched the FAQ and can not see the answer.

I've tried bouncing on the car to see if its a trembler problem.

Any ideas about how to diagnose the problem? Or even details about the make and model generally fitted and where it is.

Many Thanks Andy

Reply to
Andy

I'm not familiar with the system you have, but in general the big offender for false alarms is an over-sensitive glass breakage sensor. If yours is fitted with a glass breakage sensor, banging your fist on the metal pillar at the front of the driver's door (not on the glass!) with the alarm activated should set it off. The sensor will have a sensitivity control - wherever it is - and reducing the sensitivity is usually the cure.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

control -

Thanks Mike - Yes this is the type - it has the glass sensor, two button key fob (door unlock). I'll look at the glass alarm - the sensor looks sealed. Thanks Andy

Reply to
Andy

I have had trouble with alarms arising from keeping the fob in my pocket. This sometimes causes the button (s) to be operated and if for about three seconds can cause the alarm to activate. Rather embarrassing if after folks have gone to bed. It is worth checking the buttons for correct operation as they can sometimes get stuck.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

.>> Hi - I have a 1996 Volvo 940 Classic LPT. .>> The factory fitted alarm goes off at random times. .>> I've searched the FAQ and can not see the answer. .>>

.>> I've tried bouncing on the car to see if its a trembler problem. .>>

.>> Any ideas about how to diagnose the problem? .>> Or even details about the make and model generally fitted and where it is. .>>

.>> Many Thanks Andy .>I'm not familiar with the system you have, but in general the big offender .>for false alarms is an over-sensitive glass breakage sensor. If yours is .>fitted with a glass breakage sensor, banging your fist on the metal pillar .>at the front of the driver's door (not on the glass!) with the alarm .>activated should set it off. The sensor will have a sensitivity control - .>wherever it is - and reducing the sensitivity is usually the cure. .>Mike

.Thanks Mike - Yes this is the type - it has the glass sensor, two .button key fob (door unlock). .I'll look at the glass alarm - the sensor looks sealed. .Thanks Andy

Hello again - I tried banging the meal pillar no alarm - so it does not seem to be the problem - any other suggestions? Regards And

Reply to
Andy