Anyone ever switched a manual trans 745 to an automatic?

My brother just inherited my Mom's 1986 745 GLE with manual transmission. He hates the manual tranny. Anyone ever tried to switch one of these over to an automatic?

The cars in great shape but I told him he'd be better off selling it and look for one of the many available WITH an automatic...

Thanks for any experience with anyone trying this?

don b

Reply to
don b.

No, but I've switched a few from automatic to manual. It's a big job, but doable if you have a donor car nearby.

The automatic 700s are FAR more common, the manual cars are rare and desireable so are generally worth more. I would strongly suggest trading the car for one with an auto if that's what he wants.

Reply to
James Sweet