Rear Cam Plug 1989 240 DL

I believe I just lost the rear cam plug in my 1989

240 DL (B230). Haven't found much info on replacing it, or any diagrams. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks Tony

Reply to
jojo

Pull the valve cover, it's just the nuts around the perimeter. After that just pop in a new plug and replace the cover with a new gasket.

Clean out the flame trap too, that's probably why you lost the plug.

Reply to
James Sweet

James,

That you for the instructions, but a follow up question now. Where is the flame trap located? I've here of it, but that's about it.

Reply to
jojo

James,

Thank you for the instructions, but a follow up question now. Where is the flame trap located? I've heard of it, but that's about it.

Reply to
jojo

On the side of the engine in between #2 and #3 intake runners. It's on the breather hose that goes to the air filter housing. It's to stop a backfire from setting off the oil in the crankcase while still letting the crankcase vent to the intake. For "clean out" I'd recommend Remove and Replace, at least if you have one of the old metal ring ones, the newer plastic style are much better about not gunking up.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Bradley

Reply to