Barometric Pressure Sensor -1997 Volvo 850 GLT Wagon -- (change)

My check engine light came on and a ran a test which CARMD told me was: change Barometric Pressure Sensor. What is this for? what does it do? and what happens if I don't do it now or for a while?

Reply to
mikeasmel

This sensor just fine tunes the mixture according to the ambient (barometric) pressure. If it's bad (or there's a wiring problem) the computer assumes a standard value, and other than the check engine light you won't notice much change, and it probably won't hurt anything.

Reply to
Mike F