Battery discharge while engine not running

Anyone know of a common fault that causes the battery on an 850 GLT Estate to discharge while left. The mechanic reckons it's drawing about 2 amps, but so far can't find the fault. A new alternator and battery have just been fitted, so it is unlikely that the fault lies there.

Donald

Reply to
Donald Wright
[Donald Wright] (Fri, 14 May 2004 19:06:53 +0100):

Have you checked the fusebox with an amp-meter?

(or an amp-meter on the battery an then pulling fuses until it drops)

Reply to
Svein Tore Sølvik

"Donald Wright" skrev i en meddelelse news:c831s3$t26$ snipped-for-privacy@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...

I think there's a common problem with the glovebox light switch, which means that the light doesn't turn of.

Regards Per Hauge

Reply to
Per Hauge

This may sound silly!! Have U had any problems with the central locking opening by itself? I came across this fault a few years ago, combined with battery discharge while stationary - The fault turned out to be a crushed wire at the latch of the tailgate!! mike

Reply to
mike