blower stopped sudden

The blower on my 92 245 was working fine and just suddenly stopped coming on at all..The fuses seem to be fine. Should I plan on replacing the entire blower ?

Reply to
Rick Shockley

Well, it could be the switch or even a loose connection (not likely); but chances are it's the motor. First, try bypassing the switch since that's simple. Replacing the motor is hard work. It took me two days standing on my head under the dashboard. Lots of parts to take out and tinker with including loosening the steering column. Best get a shop manual so you know what to do and in what order.

I found that a replacement for the original motor with the proper mounts wasn't available; but my service garage told me what motor to use and how to saw off the mounts that came with it. I couldn't believe that; but it did work.

It's a job you don't want to do twice.

TKM

Reply to
TKM

You don't have to loosen the steering column, but you do need to take out the dash unless you want to really make it difficult. I've got it down to about a 3 hour process from start to finish but then I've torn apart more than a few 240s.

Reply to
James Sweet

Let me throw my 2 cents in here...

I have a 95 940 that had the same symptoms.

I had a hard time believing the blower motor suddenly burned out. I've worked with electric motors for thirty years. There was no tell tail odor that comes with a motor burning out. And, frankly they are really just more reliable than that.

After tracing the connections (and checking the motor just to be sure) from the switch to the motor. I found that the problem was a simple lack of connection from corrosion (lack of a better term).

Mine was located at the last connector of the wiring to the motor. After cleaning it up. It has since worked flawlessly.

So, you might want check all the connections again.

don b.

Reply to
don b