Change antenna-ring at ignition switch V70

I'm going to change the antenna-ring at the ignition switch in my 2000 V70 because of a problem with the immobilizer. Does anybody know if the antenna-ring or the keys will have to be recoded after the change?

Oeivind

Reply to
OiT

I'm going to change the antenna-ring at the ignition switch in my 2000 V70 because of a intermittent problem with the immobilizer.

Does anybody know if the antenna-ring or the keys will have to be recoded after the change? Any other things to keep in mind?

Oeivind

Reply to
OiT

For a US market car, no recoding is needed. This is a very good thing to do on all 1999 and 2000 model S70 and V70's. This is a very common failure on 99 S/V 70 and some 2000 S/V 70 models. Look on the new one, there is a locking clip that you have to pull out some to unlock the assembly from the steering column so that to old unit will slide off of the ingition key assembly. The clip is on the opposite side ot the electrical connector. BD

Reply to
BigDick

Thanks for your reply BD!

I bought a new antenna ring, but after installing it my car won't start. Putting back the old ring and it starts OK. The new ring looks exactly like the old one, and the connector fits fine.

Any ideas?

OiT

Reply to
Floksa