Code reset

Can you reset an error code if you leave the battery disconnected overnight or do you have to manually reset a code with the reader/ reset device?

I have a problem solved and car is running fine but the check engine light keeps popping up anyway.

Disconnecting the battery will only keep it off for a while.

THANKS

Reply to
mkr5000

you can reset it only with an obd2 scan tool.

mkr5000 yazmýþ:

Reply to
Hakan Gemici

By the way, is the "Can bus" OBD2 reader a pretty good one? -- see them on Ebay.

Or ?

Reply to
mkr5000

mkr5000 yazmýþ:

afaik, older volvos (pre 2001 or 2002) employs ISO9141 protocol. Newer volvos use CANBUS. You should buy accordingly. I bought an multiprotocol (either canbus, iso, etc compatible usb can2 adapter. I works like a charm. (tested on 2000 S40, 2001 skoda octavia, 1998 passat etc.) Multiprotocol cables are a little bit expensive compared to single protocol ones, but I think multiprotocol is a better investment.

this is the item I have.

Reply to
Hakan Gemici