92 740 turbo wagon....can't find struts....

Hey James...or whoever.....

I think that the shock/strut assemblies for the wagon version of

740 are different than for the sedan....would make sense, as the body of the wagon would be heavier. There was no way to specify "for station wagon" on Autozone. They would almost certainly give me the one for sedan. At Rockauto (so far a good source of parts), the shock/strut for 92740 turbo B230 specifically says "station wagon exc.", and you can't get one for the wagon. I was needing to buy a pair for the front, and its a shame, as they both sell for about $40.00, within my budget. Seems like I have bought Volvo parts from Groton FCP before, but the on-line catalog shows only 740 parts for three years in the 80s....strange! I can't buy from a local Volvo dealer, as there is none in this town anymore. Any idea where I can get the correct ones for the wagon model? Gotta get that body sagging to the left problem fixed soon! Thanks!
Reply to
geronimo

The rear springs are slightly stiffer in the wagon, the shocks and struts are the same. Front end is identical.

Reply to
James Sweet

Reply to
geronimo

I tried Gabriel rear shocks on a 240 and absolutely hated them. The valving was way to stiff and made the car porpoise.

Reply to
John Horner