Coolant hoses

size and width length of the pipe?? There is a little one about 1.5cm bore which goes to the underside of the airfilter on my 1.7 Renault engine.

have realised that I have a problem with the coolant system. The car is a

1990 1721CC model although I am not sure which of the engine types listed in the Haynes manual I have. Anyway I have one pipe with a split in it, which while inaccesible should be straightforward, but my problem is that there is one pipe not connected to anything (!) and I can't figure out what it is. It comes off a 'tower' on the right-hand side (RHS) of the engine (as you look from the front of the car with the bonnet open) right at the front and looks as though it will connect to a pipe that leads into the engine just behind the distributor cap. I am assuming (hoping?) this is also part of the coolant system but what? Also, where the h*ll is the bleed screw? It is not on the expansion tank hose and I don't think it is on a T-piece near the engine which leaves near the thermostat - but I can't find it!!!! >
Reply to
Mat Sui

I have just bought a 440GL and having had a good look under the bonnet I have realised that I have a problem with the coolant system. The car is a 1990 1721CC model although I am not sure which of the engine types listed in the Haynes manual I have. Anyway I have one pipe with a split in it, which while inaccesible should be straightforward, but my problem is that there is one pipe not connected to anything (!) and I can't figure out what it is. It comes off a 'tower' on the right-hand side (RHS) of the engine (as you look from the front of the car with the bonnet open) right at the front and looks as though it will connect to a pipe that leads into the engine just behind the distributor cap. I am assuming (hoping?) this is also part of the coolant system but what? Also, where the h*ll is the bleed screw? It is not on the expansion tank hose and I don't think it is on a T-piece near the engine which leaves near the thermostat

- but I can't find it!!!!

Reply to
Who

Hhmmmm. It is wrapped in extra foam but the bit I can see must be about a 1.5cm bore - and it doesn't seem to have a clip on either end, which I guess indicated its not important or that somebody has replaced it in the past. It heads up to the airfilter but seems to turn a rightangle into the top of the engine (might be wrong - car is parked round the corner). Is it just a hot air recirculator???

Reply to
Who