Coolant temp sensor on 740 GLE 16 Valve

Hi all,

The temperature gauge on my 1990 GLE 16 Valve doesn't work and I'd like to check both the sensor and the gauge itself.

I was told that the sensor is on the left (drivers) side, below the intake manifold. The trouble for me is that there are two electrical type connectors entering the block in that area. Which one is it, the right or left hand one ? (forward or aft).

I hate to start pulling wires off without knowing which is the correct one. I can send a photo to anyone who wants it.

Thanks much,

Perk (:>)

Reply to
Perk

The sender for the gauge has 2 round pins, and a bigger connector than the other sensor, which is for the fuel injection and ignition systems.

Reply to
Mike F