Cooling

Can any one helpme please, this morning I found oil in the coolant botle, againg, I replease the coolant the last time, and I founf coolant this morning again, can any one tell me were is it coming from, I change the block heater beacause is was leeking, but that was not the problem, I still get oil in the coolant botle, help please.

740 SW turbo B230F 1990. thanks in advance.
Reply to
4locos

Most likely a blown head gasket, but you should do a leakdown test, or have a mechanic do it.

Reply to
James Sweet

From a point at sea, to the circles of your mind, this is 4locos:

Two posibilities:

1) Blown head gasket - there is a leak between the oilway and the cooling jacket. It's not good, but I lived with one like this for a year or two.

2) If you have auto transmission, it is possible that the oil cooler that lives in the radiator is leaking, though this usually goes the other way - water in the autobox. Check this anyway because it can cost you a new gearbox if not attended to. Pull the autobox dipstick - if the oil is red and clear, OK. If it is creamy, or looks like a milkshake you need to change the radiator and flush out the gearbox asap.

Reply to
Stewart Hargrav

Reply to
4locos