Are the 760's any good?

I had a 740 with the b230f motor -- great car.

I have the opportunity to buy a '90 760 turbo with 103k miles, real clean runs good.

Are these OK? Seems like a 740 with power seats to me.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Tux

.... I think they were the test bed for some 960 components.... well they must have gotten it right, cuz everything in my dad's 960 works flawless. I have seen things like the ECC from the 960 in the 760 and 780, they seem to have uprated stereo's (I can see these not working, the FM died in our

Reply to
Rob Guenther

That's pretty much exactly what they are, a 740 with a few refinements and added creature comforts, more bells & whistles to break, but overall a great car.

Reply to
James Sweet

Generally no, all I was stating was that there's more stuff to go wrong eventually, though overall the reliability should be good. I've heard of problems with power seats that while they don't break often are expensive to fix when they do, and the Nivomat shocks cost a fortune, enough that many people convert to standard springs and shocks when they fail. That still wouldn't stop me from getting a 760 though, they're great cars, would make a very comfy ride. I like the somewhat sporty feel of my 740 Turbo though.

Reply to
James Sweet