Cost for alternator on 2000 s80 volvo

Dealer quoted $800 to replace the alternator and battery on a 2000 S80 volvo is that within reason?

Reply to
SCOUT

Looking around on line the alternator is between $200 and 450, and I am sure a Volvo part will be even more.

A battery is a good C or so...550 at least in parts, and I bet Volvo shops are around a C an hour, so its no deal, but hey it should be a good part. I would ask if it was common for an alternator to fail so soon!

Reply to
Steve n Holly