cracking sound in direction, 740

Hi, At low speed and at stop, when I rotate the driving wheel some cracking sound is produces somewhere in direction. I have it since several months, so, I think it is not critical, but I would like to know what is a problem, what I will need to replace. Power steering is working well. All belts were changed recently. Thanks. Serguei

Reply to
stalker

Check the bushings in the front, it's hard to tell from the description though. You could have someone poke their head under the car to listen while you rotate the steering wheel, just make sure the car is in park or neutral with the handbrake set.

Reply to
James Sweet

There is a TSB written on this it has to do with the bearing and bushing for the steering column on the bulkhead/firewall. Not dangerous Just annoying as hell. Ceck out Alldata for the Info.

Harold

Reply to
grtdane