Disable S80 daytime running lights?

Yes, Hank, by visiting your friendly Dealer and getting him to reprogram the computer for you. Some will and some won't, the 2nd lot stating that they don't dare fool with any "safety" equipment.

bob noble Reno, NV, USA

Reply to
Bob Noble

Thanks for the info. I may give it a try. Don't want to get in a big discussion over this silly feature. IMHO it's a personal preference.

Reply to
Hank

I might be a bit behind on the S80, but the lights on my V70 can be controlled from a 3-position switch next to the lighting knob. It looks like a small screw head. Insert a jewelers screwdriver and gently click it over by about 45 degrees to the left - or is it right - try gently and find out (turn to the second "stop" that you feel).

Or have Volvo really over-eng> Thanks for the info. I may give it a try. Don't want to get in a big

Reply to
Chris Vernon

Yes, all of the electrical system on S80 / S60 etc etc is now controlled by a canbus system.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.