DVD Copying

I have a few DVDs which I want to copy. I have always copied my CDs and only used a copy to play keeping the master safe and undamaged. If the copy gets banged up by the kids or in the car I just make another one rather than lose the CD.

I cant understand why we just cant copy a DVD in the same way as a CD. Yes I understand that blank DVDs are 4.7 with a standard DVD being twice this.

Simple but daft question why cant we but a bigger 9G disks.

Reply to
carol

What on earth has this to do with Volvo's? but anyway...

Google and download - 'DVD Shrink' this programme enables you to copy onto a normal 4.7 DVD. I belive its free and the latest version is 3.2

Reply to
jel183(UK)

OOPS. Posted to wrong group sorry.

Reply to
carol

My answer would still be the same!!!

Reply to
jel183(UK)

Actually you can come close to your goal. There are a couple of programs available that help you solve the problem. One is called "Any DVD" and the other is called "Clone DVD."

Both are very easy to use. "Clone DVD" allows you to select the tracts on the DVD you wish to copy. When you select only the main title (the movie) and the appropriate language sound tracks, this greatly reduces the data to be copied. It even tells you the relative quality you will get after each selection. "Any DVD" loads in the background on your computer and strips off any copy protection so that you can make your copy trouble free. For a copy protected DVD you first start "Any DVD" and the "Clone DVD." The end result is then recoded and will fit on a standard 4.7 DVD which will auto start and go instantly to the movie without the anoying adverts. I have used these programs for some time and they work flawlessly.

Reply to
Bill