ECU/Imobiliser question

Hi Guys, a quick question, I have just obtained a replacement/exchange ECU for my 850T5. (I discounted the replacement ECU since I know the source). Plugged it in, turned on the ignition and car turns over great, but not a sniff of starting. Is there a sequence to installing and starting from scratch (have tried to find out but drew a blank), or could there be a connection between the ECU and the immobiliser system where they don't recognise each other and so won't start? Any help would be very gratefully received - can't move the car!

Deadfunky - wish the car was...

Reply to
deadfunky

Assuming the ECU codes are the same on the paper sticker, then the fault is just down to the new ECU not recognising the code presented to it from the keys.

You'll need to have your local dealer re set the ecu to your keys.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.