Engine swap question

I've got a line on a '73 142 with a blown B20 engine. Is it feasable to pull the engine & tranny and install a B21 turbo and 4speed o.d. tranny? Or does this mean too much sheet metal surgery?

Reply to
hmm

"hmm" skrev i meddelandet news:yNSdnQ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

I think you can swap engines stright ower without changing anything. Perhaps it's a differnet joint for the drive shaft. and prehaps you have to adjust the engine fix point to the frame a little.

Pepe

Reply to
Pepe

You have to do a bit of fabrication, the B20 engine sits straight up and down, the B21 and later redblocks are slanted so it's not a direct swap by any means.

Reply to
James Sweet

Thanks for your input. I think that I'll stick with my current project.

Reply to
hmm

"James Sweet" skrev i meddelandet news:BhhMd.1900$uc.1118@trnddc05...

The engine bay was "higher" on the old Volvos up to 1974. From 1975 with McPherson struts the hood was lower.

Pepe

Reply to
Pepe

Hopefully my daughter can translate!

hmm

Reply to
hmm

Unless you are good at surgery, it would be more practical to overhaul that B20, in my opinion.

Reply to
Pat Quadlander