Expansion Tank

I recently found that one of my heater hose was leaking where it attaches to the engine. I fixed the hose by cutting the off piece with the hole, and re-attached it. This seems to have fixed the leak.

I let the car run and took it for a test drive. When driving it, steam started to come from the expansion tank side of the hood. I returned home to find that most of the coolant was escaping from this area.

Does anybody know what may be going on?

Also, I previously noticed that coolant was leaking from the coolant gauge area? Should I get a new expansion tank?

Reply to
UnderCoverG

UnderCoverG

I am having simular problems on my 92 745T. Right now I have the heater valve out, and trying to find some good heater hose at a value. The prices for Volvo parts is way too high. I also need to replace the hose from the expansion tank to the radiator.

I did find an Autralian brand - MacKay - that is much lower than OEM - at

I am trying to get feedback here on this forum on the brand. They really look good at their own website.

Good luck Andrew in AL

Reply to
Ernest Smith