Extending life of S80

I own a 2002 S80. Enjoy it beyond description. My question is this. If I drive it with the cruise control in every situation that I can, will I be able to extend the life of my S80? When my wife drives, she constantly is accelerating and decelerating which I think causes more wear and tear on the transmission and engine. Am I wrong or just anal retentive?

Reply to
Pleasantly Surprized

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 17:30:43 -0500, "Pleasantly Surprized" wibbled about:

In comparison to what should be the life of the S80 - whilst the less stress on the engine the better - I would suggest that you are being a bit anal.

Sorry

I am assuming that she isn't driving using a binary throttle.

Sean

Reply to
Sean Nugent

heheheh - from what i've read on this NG, you'd be better using the engine and be sparing on the electronics. (tongue in cheek) Just enjoy the car. :)

Reply to
Stuart Gray