Flame trap oil leak

Car is a 1988 245 with 317,000 miles. I recently noticed oil running down the sides of the tube the flame trap is in. I replaced the flame trap, and no change. I have checked all of the vaccum lines, and replaced any that looked bad. I am still leaking oil. Suggestions?

Reply to
John von Colditz

You might inspect or try cleaning out the oil separator box the flame trap connects to. At that mileage it's possible you have a lot of blowby causing more oil vapor in the crankcase than the separator can deal with.

Reply to
James Sweet

Thanks, James! I'll check it out!

Reply to
John von Colditz

Reply to
Jon Robertson

Jon Robertson pretended :

Actually, I've been using synthetic oil in it since about 2000...

Reply to
John von Colditz