For Traduk: Re V70 Electrical Problem

Many thanks for your advice of 9 June: this morning I drove to a local spares dealer to buy a new battery, and as luck would have it, the old battery died on their forecourt! They fitted the new on in about five minutes, and hey presto!, no more problems.

Thanks again

Martin

Reply to
Martin Daynes

Hi Martin,

Thanks for replying. It is good to hear that your problems are over. My battery took a few weeks to die and caused a bit of head scratching. I have replaced many batteries in different cars that I have owned but the Volvo ('99 V70 T5) is the only car which has shown all sorts of strange lights as the battery failed. I believe that the on-board computers and sensors are very fussy about the voltage and earth rail levels and will throw up faults if everything doesn't trigger properly.

You were lucky that it made it to the spares dealer but it is nice to know that beyond any doubt that the new battery was an expense that was needed.

Regards, Traduk

Reply to
Noone