Front window washer pump blowing fuses

Hello all, I have a problem with our 2002 V70, it keeps blowing the front washer pump fuse... I only tested two but I assume I can keep going. Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this and what I can check/do to fix it ?

thanks ! Gaute

Reply to
Gaute

Hello. I have this problem too. Blows a fuse every few weeks. In my case, the problem is caused by a malfunctioning headlamp wiper motor. (These fire up for a couple of wipes when you use the windscreen washers.) One of my headlamp wipers is partly seized and very slow to move. I have tried all sorts of remedies like penetrating oil, but I really need to replace it. I am yet to find out how to remove the headlamp wiper motor though. It is not like the early V70. There was an easy trick to removing them without removing much else!

Keep putting the fuses in. I seem to recall it's a 16A too. It's not a very common size....... Don' put anything bigger in though. You'll just fry more of your electrical system and then it'll cost big bucks! New loom sections and all sorts! Quick-fix would be to disconnect the wiring to the headlamp wipers, but I haven't located the plug yet either.

If you don't have headlamp wipers, then your washer pump is probably on the way out. You have to remove the front bumper to replace this. It's no big deal. Just 2 bolts behind the bumper rub-strips and two clamp screws in the wheel-arch area (1 each side). The wash pump pushes unto a big rubber grommet in the side of the reservoir. Very easy to 'plug' a new one in.

Have fun!

Regards. Joe. Peterborough UK. P.S My e-mail address is completely void to avoid spam. Don't try to E- mail me direct!

Reply to
joelandyman