Passat front window washer problem

Hi

front washers aren't working (no rear washers by the way) I've changed the pump but still no joy. Checked the electrics as much as I know how (nothing frayed caught or crushed) checked all fuses - the manual says that the washer pump and the wipers share the same fuse - on removing the fuse this was confirmed (inasmuch as the wipers stopped working) Got a tester on the pump plug, tied back the wiper arm to the wheel and switched on, wipers ok but couldn't detect anything happening at the pump plug (if someone has a good knowledge of this and can tell me what voltage etc I should expect that'd be great) I've come to the conclusion that the fault might be in the wiper arm - when I pull back the arm the wipers move ok but the washers don't. I went to get a new arm - the guy said it's possible that that's the problem but it would cost about £50 for the part.

Anyone have knowledge of this please before I spend more money - spent about £16 a few days ago on the pump after I checked the fuse but before I checked the electrics at the washer pump.

thanks a lot

passat auto 2cl 1995 saloon

Reply to
Bodhran