Berlingo W/Washer electrical problem

The windscreen washers stopped working on my 2001 1.9L Van, I replaced the pump only to find that the original pump was not faulty!

Without a user handbook or Haynes manual I do not even know where the washer fuse is although none of the fuses are blown anyway. With the pump disconnected I get 13 Volts at the pump connector when the switch is operated, 'but', with the pump plugged in this drops to less than 1 Volt. The ground lead is fine so I presume there is a high resistance somewhere between the switch and the load.

I do have a Russek 'Pocket Mechanic' handbook but the electrical diagrams are almost unreadable and the bits I can decipher do not seem to relate well to what I have on the vehicle but it does appear that the washer is controlled by some electronic module.

Can anyone say whether this is a common fault or point me to where I should be looking

TIA

Ian

Reply to
Ian P