Fuel cut at high boost.

Hello,

With the onset of cooler weather I am starting to experience a sudden cutout at high boost.. As soon as I hit 15- 17 lb of boost the engine cuts out and than it picks up instantly moments later al lower boost. I am told that 91 B230FT LH system does not have a boost cutout and I know that I am not hitting the rev limiter so what is cutting the fuel? The reason I suspect the fuel cut is that the O2 meter drops instantly to zero from 0.9 Volts where it usually indicates the boost enrichment. Could it be that the AF is over ranging and the computer decides to cut fuel?

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Got Knock? - see: Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs

Ontario

Reply to
Boris Mohar

The LH 2.4 fuel system had a provision to turn off the fuel pump relay based on an airmass/RPM map. With the colder, denser air available these days you're getting into this area.

Reply to
Mike F