B23FT pistons

I've had a B23FT in the shop for quite a while now, but they've had a ton of trouble locating suitable pistons to rebuild it. I know some of you guys have hot rodded these motors, where did you get the pistons and how much did they cost? We're looking into custom forged parts at the moment, but I'm guessing they'll be very pricey.

Reply to
James Sweet

I have not dealt with this company yet.

If you are hot roddinng yours perhaps my Knocksense unit could be useful?

17 lbs of boost, 223HP, 260 ft-lb = two broken M46 transmissions but no melted pistons.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Got Knock? - see: Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs

Ontario

Reply to
Boris Mohar

I believe that you can the block to the Buick 3.8L bore (3.800" IIRC) and use Turbo Buick Grand National pistons (I think someone on the Turbobricks board has done this, you might want to ask at Turbobricks.org)

Bill

Reply to
Bill Bradley

That's a B230FT, the B23FT is a different animal, used only in the '84 760 Turbo.

Reply to
James Sweet