Fuse Problem on 1991 240 wagon.

The 16th fuse which is for the passenger side parking lights and the instrument panel lights, blows consistently and immediately when I turn the lights on. I figured that there was a hard short somewhere, but I am unable to find it.

Does anybody have any hints or suggestions?

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Reply to
john doe

Look around where the wires for the lights in the front seatbelt buckles could possibly rub on the front seat frames as the seats move back and forth. Also if the license lights are on that fuse, look at the wires where they go through the tailgate hinges. You can see the tailgate harnesses right where the hinge pivots when the tailgate is open.

Reply to
Mike F